Netcfg -- GUI interface for managing network configuration
This web page describes the network configuration program netcfg.
Written to replace Redhat's deprecated and limited netcfg program,
this new version provides the same functionality and more.
This version of netcfg also provides the ability to manage multiple
system profiles -- a "must have" for the roaming user.
Visit the netcfg
project page for downloads and other stuff.
- All of the network editing features of the old netcfg.
- Create and manage multiple networking profiles.
- Activate and deactivate interfaces.
- Change network settings on the fly without rebooting system.
Still to be done:
- Firewall administration
- PPP over ethernet
- Finish the on-line help.
- "MS Windows Compatibility Mode" -- forces system reboot after
every change, no matter how trivial.